WELCOME LETTER & ENGAGEMENT AGREEMENT
Each new client to my practice is a welcome addition. Coaching is based on the premise that you already have the basic knowledge and internal guidance system to create your right life. The coaching process is a series of powerful exercises that will lead you to your truth, remove barriers, and create the life you are meant to live.
To bring our “best selves” to the coaching relationship, it is important that we share the same understanding about how we will work together.
Basic Shared Agreements:
• Changing habits of thinking and acting takes a concentrated effort and time.
• Each session is 60 minutes long and takes place by phone or zoom. I recommend scheduling at least seven (7) days in advance if possible. You can schedule online by visiting www.theamartin.com. Please find a quiet space for our session. Coaching is most effective when you are able to be fully present without interruptions.
• In the event that you must cancel your scheduled coaching session, a 24-hour notice is required. Otherwise, you will be charged for that missed session. I certainly understand that emergencies do arise and will accommodate those on a case-by-case basis.
• I welcome your input and questions along the way. Our relationship is a collaborative one, and the more you put into it the more you will get out of it. Ask me questions, challenge my point of view, bring resources to the table, tell me where I’m wrong, and share with me your insights along the way.
• I welcome communication between our calls using Voxer, a web-based communication tool. The Voxer App is free and I will send you an invitation to your email after our first session. I listen to messages at least once daily, Monday through Friday. This is a great tool for staying in touch between sessions. Please know that I am always on your side. When I am direct in either verbal or e-mail conversation, I am usually challenging ideas or beliefs and never you personally. When in doubt, assume best intentions and ask questions.
• It is my expectation that you will reach out through Voxer if you hit a “sticky” spot that you would like some feedback on, and that you will share the successes that you have on the way to creating your desired future.
Scope of Coaching Relationship:
All coaching services delivered by Thea Bourke Martin are meant to challenge, uplift, and support you psychologically. However, coaching is not psychotherapy. If you feel psychologically stressed to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, please seek help in the form of a professional counselor.
Please read the following and sign below should you agree to each statement and wish to proceed:
• I understand that the life coaching services I will be receiving from Thea Bourke Martin of Bourke Martin Consulting, LLC are not offered as a substitute for mental health care. I also understand that my coach, Thea Bourke Martin, is not acting as a psychotherapist and does not purport to offer mental health care.
• I understand that while Thea Bourke Martin is an attorney, she is not my attorney. She is providing life coaching services exclusively. Information or advice that I receive from Thea Bourke Martin is not offered as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. I also understand that my coach, Thea Bourke Martin, is not acting as an attorney.
• I understand that Coaching is a potentially powerful alliance designed to help a client achieve specific, identified goals. Coaching may address specific personal projects, life successes, and/or general conditions in a client's life or profession.
• I understand that Coaching services may include values clarification, brainstorming, examining patterns in life, identifying plans of action, the asking of clarifying questions and the making of empowering requests.
• As a client, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during, after and between my coaching calls. I am responsible for any and all choices and decisions I make.
• Your coach is committed to keeping all contacts, information and records confidential (see attached confidentially agreement).
Your signature on this agreement indicates full understanding of, and agreement with, the information outlined above.